Now I know most of us readers have fallen into one of those dreaded reading slumps at some point. I’m talking about the ones where you really know you should be reading because your TBR pile keeps growing. You feel extremely guilty, looking at those books just wanting to be read. Now normally the reading slumps occur after you just finished a great new favorite book, or a horrible one. At least in my experience.
But this time is entirely different! and I’m struggling not gonna lie. I am currently reading three books. I usually do this so this isn’t the cause. But I’m reading ACOWAR and I’m in love, but it’s taking me forever. I really want to finish it soon. I only have like 200 more pages, but I haven’t been into reading. So today in the midst of my reading slump I’m going to talk about some of the things that I normally do to crawl out of the slump.
Tips to get out of a reading slump:
- Don’t force it. Read if you want to but not if you feel like it’s forced.
- I tend to look for more books to read during these, go on Goodreads for a little bit and browse to see if you find another book you may like to read eventually
- If you haven’t been unfortunately like I am during yours, try reading smaller books and ones that aren’t incredible dense. This is when I’ll pick up those contemporaries or historical fictions that I can fly through without having to figure out the different worlds.
- Try not to feel guilty about those TBR books. They’ll always be there. You’ll get to them eventually.
- Organize your bookshelves. I’ve found that if I don’t feel like reading, reorganizing my bookshelves helps me stay in the book loving spirit and maybe fall out of the reading slump by finding a book you forgot about.