Hello lovelies! So I apologize for yesterday and the lack of reviews, I’ve been behind on my reading and need to catch up. But today I thought I’d have another go at the Broke and Bookish Top Ten Tuesday posts before they start back up again. I found the Top Ten Book I’ve read this year and thought that would be a good starting point.
So far, in 2017 I’ve read 23 books. Some were fantastic and amazing and some were not.
1. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr I LOVED this book. Like absolutely adored it, and cried over it and laughed. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
2. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern This book is full of magic and slight romance and it’s amazing.
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak This book was a sincerely heart touching/wrenching book. I sobbed by the end and I felt so much heartache for Liesel.
4. The Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Audiobook, read by Eddie Redmayne. Okay first of all, I love this boy to death, I was so happy when he was cast as Newt, and then I found out he was going to read the audiobook for the book and I needed to listen to his glorious British accent telling me all about fantastic beasts. It was amazing.
5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell This one touched so close to home it wasn’t even funny. I had to put the book down at one point because I needed to cry. I felt like I was living my previous experiences all over again and I needed a moment. I loved this book for that exact reason, I felt the connection, I felt something while reading. If a book can make me feel something so deeply it will for sure be on my favorites.
So there’s my top 5 favorite books of the year that I’ve read. I could only come up with 5 but I loved and appreciate these 5 books so much. I’m so thankful and glad I got to read them this year, especially after the hardships I had in the previous year.
Have you read this? What are your favorite books you’ve read this year? Let’s Chat!